Friday 1 June 2012

Hrithik Roshans workouts and diet secrets

WANT A BODY LIKE HRITHIK ROSHAN

 For actor Hrithik Roshan, staying fit is all about taking the right kind of diet and nutrition . Exercising is essential, but so is a proper diet and nutrition . Here he tells Deepali Nandwani about his famous workout routine, which got him the body that he has now.

Workouts:
"I do not workout daily. I exercise about four or five days a week, out of which three days I try and concentrate on cardio-exercises. Unlike popular perception, working out daily could be injurious . Your body needs some rest.

I go to a gym at The Club, at Juhu in Mumbai. I do about an hour in the morning and an hour in the evening. For me going to the gym is very important . I do weight training mostly and cardio-exercises once or twice, sometimes thrice a week. I ideally like to do cardio about three times a week but my shooting keeps me and I don't get much time for this schedule .

My day begins early at 6 a.m., irrespective of how late I went to sleep at night. I start my exercise with jogging and then do the workout. I concentrate on each part of my body separatel y and do special .workouts designed for each

I also own two separate sets of exercise equipment, one, which is kept at home, and the other, which I take along when I travel. They are imported pressure pull machines, which help me work out during my free moments even on a flight. With the help of a vacuum press, I fix this equipment to a flat surface and pull the handle to exercise the biceps. I follow the same process for my legs. This special mechanism is an essential part of my entourage, along with dumb bells."

Diet:
"My dietary restrictions are few because I work out. Yet I avoid oily and fried food. I like Chinese food and Indian food, but hate milk and cannot have any milk product, except chocolate . I am not on any special diet because my exercise routine ensures that I stay fit.

Everyday, I have a special chocolate milk shake that is full of protein and recommended by my instructor. I have a heavy breakfast because I feel that's the most important meal of the day. My afternoon meal is mostly on the sets and an evening snack is optional.

Since I work late into the night, my dinner is either on the sets or I go out with friends to restaurants. I don't drink often but when I do it is Bacardi with Coke. I have a sweet tooth and love anything that has sugar but I am very careful about overindulging.

I'm very much into exercising but I love food too. I make the best eggs in the world - fabulous Spanish omelets and very good scrambled eggs but I can't give you my recipes. I haven't really cooked for two years but when I was in school I used to get ready early and then go into the kitchen and make my eggs.

But I do monitor my food habits. It's 90 per cent your diet that works and 10 per cent what you do. I eat very little oil, butter, ghee and fatty stuff. I balance my meals out - protein and carbohydrates and fats. I drink lots of water and stay away from alcohol and cigarette s. I believe nothing is bad in moderation but things like smoking and drinking are difficult to moderate."


Recommended diet:
"As I said I do not follow any particular diet routine. But there are a few suggestions. Cut down on oily and fried food and take a lot of fruits and vegetable s, which have natural fibers in them. Take about six small meals a day, instead of two large ones. Drink loads of water; say about a liter a day, since it will help flush out toxins in your body. Once a week, do a food diet. Eat only fruits and those who like milk can have two glasses of buttermilk. Take a protein shake everyday, but consult your dieticianor fitness instructor before you take them

No comments:

Post a Comment